Glad You Stopped By

By day I am a marketing professional for small businesses. I love to find and re-purpose forgotten objects, furniture and household items, turning them into usable stuff. I find interesting items at tag sales, flea markets and sometimes even thrown away along the side of the road. If I can find a use for something, I'll pick it up if it's the right price.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Painted Lamp Shades, a Pop of Color

I woke up today and decided to changeover the living room from our summer coastal theme to a comfy, cozy fall palette. Then I saw my dingy, boring table lamps and said . . . .  stop, bring on the color.

Nothing that a little paint won't fix.  I chose Benjamin Moore "Bird of Paradise" paint leftover from another project for its coral-orange color and began lathering on the paint using a foam brush.

Nothing complicated here - just make sure the shade is covered fully so that no light gets through.  I held it up to the sun a few times to check.


Here's the finished project. I really like them next to our falling leaves. Just need to let them dry.

And here they are in our living room.  I think I need to change the pillows and we'll be ready to bring on Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment